Sunday, May 30, 2010

chapter 10

In this chapter of Chinese Cinderella, Adeline meets a new friend named Wu Chun-mei, she was very good at sports, her and Adeline got on quite well together. One day it had been raining very hard and there were typhoon warnings and Adeline still had to walk to school, it was even worse on the way home, Wu Chun-mei drove past in her flash car and picked up Adeline, she felt bad because she was dripping wet and she was in their car making it wet. Adeline demanded them to stop around the corner of their house so Niang could not see Adeline getting a lift home from someone else as this is breaking the rules. Adeline had to walk home from a street away but this wasn't as bad as walking from school. Now that I have finished the book I have different thoughts about Adeline. I know that she is a very independent person, but I think as she grew older she has gotten a lot more independent and very mature. I really did like this book I actually wish that it went for longer because I wanted to read more, I felt for Adeline in this book but I didn't have huge emotions to it. I think that this was a great book to read and I really enjoyed it.

3 comments: