Monday, May 24, 2010

chapter 7

In this chapter they have a family reunion with Adeline’s Ye Ye, Aunt Baba, third brother and little sister. It seemed like a happy time for Adeline so I felt some sort of happiness.
When they arrived little sister would not go to her mother at all, Niang had left her baby when she was six months old and now she was two, so to little sister Niang was just a stranger. This made me feel upset for Niang that her own child would not come to her, but also I had the understanding of how Niang completely deserved it. Little sister struggled and kicked and screamed for her mother to put her down, Niang screamed at her for silence but this only made the baby cry more, so Niang began to beat her, though no one said a word. This made me feel very surprised that Niang would beat her baby. Adeline finally spoke up telling Niang to stop. Suddenly Niang stopped and screamed at Adeline “ Get out! I shall never forgive you! Never! Never! Never! You’d better watch out from now on! You will pay for your arrogance!” I felt proud of Adeline to speak up like that.

1 comment: